Friday 3 February 2017

Who I am? Who are you?


How easy it is for liars?
Saying just about anything,
No matter how it hurts.
You don't know me.
Yet you talk as if you do.

But while you run your mouth,
You should ask yourself,
Who you are.
I am shouting this declaration.
I know who I am.

Who am I?
I am a woman of love,
I give love
Whether it's returned or not.
Do you know how to love?

Who am I?
I am a woman of compassion.
No one will suffer at my hands,
Not even a stranded bee in my window.
Do you know compassion?

Who am I?
I am a woman of justice.
I believe we are all valuable, though not all equal.
But fairness towards everybody is what I work for.
Do you believe in justice?

Who am I?
I am a woman who believes in being good.
Although I miss the mark sometimes,
My conscience won't permit anything else.
Do you believe in being good?

Yes, how easy it is for liars?
Saying and doing destructive things.
But instead of beating me down with evil talk,
Ask yourself,
Who you really are.

Let me be!
Loving, compassionate, just and good.
That's who I am.
And I am happy with that.
Who are you?

By Dawn Marie Roper, Kingston, Jamaica

February 3, 2017







No comments:

Post a Comment